1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

For Redmax 8000 owners ONLY!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnmaniac883, Apr 16, 2006.

Have you had problems regarding proper operation?

Poll closed Apr 26, 2006.
  1. Yes, mine has performed poorly. (Vote in Other Poll)

23 vote(s)
  2. No, mine has performed perfectly

40 vote(s)
  1. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

This poll is for Redmax 8000 owners only, please do not vote unless you own and operate one. Thank you.

Please Participate in my other poll as well regardless of what my "No" answer states.
  2. T. Wheeler

T. Wheeler LawnSite Member

Yup, when my dad and I used it one day it ran really low rpm. Hasn't doesnt since then.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

No problems here a few times it spureted a little but it was bad gas.
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

You knew I had to get in on this one. Can I vote twice since I've had problems with both of mine?:laugh:
  5. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

mine shocks me from time to time and the guys complain but no performance problems
  6. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought my Redmax 8000 in July of 2005. It performed very well last year. A few weeks ago, I did my annual spring tune-up. Changed the air filter, plug etc. I started it up and it ran a little rough. Then I sat the unit down for a few days in my garage and to my surprise, the unit started leaking fuel. Over the course of the next few days, two very large puddles were evident on cardboard I had stuck under the blower. I took the unit back to the dealer. He kept it overnight and pronounced it healthy the next day. He could not find anything wrong with it. So, I took it back home and sat it down in my garage. After a day, the same thing happened. A major gas spill all under the unit. So I took it back in. First the dealer claimed that I was tightening the gas cap too tightly thus causing damage on the o-ring. The gas was then leaking out as the blower moved. That was funny since the blower was taken from his shop to my home and never moved from the garage floor. They now have it in there and who knows what is wrong with it? The gas leak seems to be originating from around the fuel tank but we can't seem to find any crack in the tank. I am disappointed to see that happen.
  7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Joed, try putting dye in the fuel.
  8. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Mine shocks me from time to time and sometimes it randomly shuts off. Other then that it is a great blower and it saves me a lot of time with its power.
  9. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, what's with the electrocution. That's annoying. :confused:
  10. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

other than a broken plastic choke lever-not a single problem