For Sale F-350 Dump !!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Fordguy, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Fordguy

Fordguy LawnSite Member

Its a 2004 4wd F-350 with a 5.4L gas motor, has only 27,000 miles with a 9ft dejana body. truck is in excellent condition comes with brake controller, underbody box, strobe kit, light bar, and coal shoot in tailgate. $18,000 Firm. If intrested call (732) 750-4466

Aquila Picture's 590.jpg

Aquila Picture's 593.jpg

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

27K miles?

Sure it's not 127K miles?

3. Fordguy

Fordguy LawnSite Member

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Too bad its a F-350 it won't be a quick selling truck. Even thou it is a 4x4 it does have the advantage of a mono beam front suspension not the rotten twin I beam suspension the 2wd F-350s use.

Not enough payload put a yard of gravel in the truck and its legally loaded.

5. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I just test drove a f350 dump with a 12 ft landscape dump on it with the 5.4. What a pig it was!!!!! I truly don't think it would tow my lawn trailer on a daily basis. I could not imagine even trying to put A pallet of sod in the back. 13000 gvwr, yeah right....
    It was $15900 at a local dealer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. WGLandscapeMaintenance

WGLandscapeMaintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't want to turn this into a bash Ford gassers thread, BUT, I was drivin a buddy of mines F250 5.4 pullin a 12ft open trailer with about 1000 lbs of picnic tables on there (don't ask lol), it felt as if I had 10,000 lbs on there, no power at all, but I did have the AC on but still, it had nothing for power, don't get me wrong, I like Fords, but ever since GM failed, I have become a Ford man and once I get done with my current Chevy 2500 HD, I will be buying a Ford PSD 6.4 or Ford Scorpion Diesel 6.7.

The Ford V10's are alright with power, but terrible on gas, I would not recommend buying one. Powerstrokes are the way to go!!

7. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

Nice truck but I used to own a 5.4 and was never impressed with the power.

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

It seems hit or miss with the 5.4's in the 3/4 and 1 tons. Ive driven a couple that towed like crazy and a couple that should be in a junk yard. I dont understand it. But you put a 6spd manual behind that 5.4 and it wakes up!

9. johnnybravo8802

johnnybravo8802 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Ga.

I've also heard the same thing about a V10. Some swear about the pulling power. I know a guy who has a pinestraw trailer he hauls 600 bales on out of South Ga. and he used to have a V10. He said it would almost stop going up a hill. He switched to a Cummins and never looked back-all kinds of pulling power + better MPG!!!!!!:clapping:

10. WGLandscapeMaintenance

WGLandscapeMaintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Diesel is second to none with hauling, anyone who thinks otherwise should probably die.