For solo operators (how many hours)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by harperservices, Apr 10, 2003.

1. harperservices

harperservices LawnSite Member

For those of you that are solo, how many hours a day do you put in during your regular season?

For lawn cuts I average 6 hours a day. (I usually quit when people start coming home from work and save Weekends for the family.)

If I am doing landscaping, I work until the sun sets.

What about you guys/gals?

2. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats about how much I work too. I dont want to personally overdo it-After all I am still in High School!!!:cry: :D

atlantec landscaping logo-small.jpg

3. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't usually have a set amount.

I don't have that much work since I just moved here.

I just applied for a job @ target to work @ least 10 hrs a day (summer) so, I might just have to work on the weekends.

ps: LBP happy birthday. :D

4. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Usually 6 days a week (sometimes 7 if special projects get in the way)
    minimum of 11 hours a day. Sometimes 13 hours a day. My wife hates my biz, I wonder why???

5. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

You too!!! Happy same b-day!!!!:blob2:

atlantec landscaping logo-small.jpg

6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

well my first year i worked like 5 hours a day 6 days a week.my second and third i worked between 7 and 10 hours mon till saturday and sometimes half days on sundays. 4th year i got 2 helpers but i still work close to 10 hours,but i have sunday and half of saturdays off.really saturday is to do some commercial work and to do repairs to equipment.your in the right ball park for being solo.been there done that its hard sometimes doing solo,but if i could i would be solo again

7. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Mowing should average 65 man hrs. per week. 8-2:30 with one helper, then 4:00-Midnight in the tire factory 40 hrs a week. Then finish up the extras on Saturday. If it rain's we work Sunday starting at noon.:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: Then start all over preying for winter.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Around 7 hours Mon thru Fri. Half day on Sat for 1 special lawn and equip maint. This does not include the daily paperwork time.

9. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here. Work til the jobs get done. Mowing is no problem for me. Its the extra's that clients want done that bog me down.

10. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

To d@#& many that is for sure.