1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

For the Advertising Pro's

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by newtostone, Jan 23, 2009.

1. newtostone

newtostone LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Did I read somewhere you are doing that? If you already have it printed and wouldn't mind PM'ing me with what it looks like I would love to see it.
  2. nnj18

nnj18 LawnSite Silver Member

Yah, thats what I'm doing. No problem, PM me you email, a bunch of guys are interested.
  3. THC

THC LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like to add.. get it? add.

Not all ads are equal, just because its full colour with nice pictures doesn't mean as much as a properly designed ad made to sell.

A nice picture with a co. name on top is a poor ad.
  4. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

That is some epiphanetic stuff right there.
    How do you want yourself portrayed? high class? just mow? Good all around?
  5. M and S Lawn Care

M and S Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Can someone share some info on direct mailing?

I keep going in circles on the internet, never getting the right information. Here's what I'm looking to find:

How do you get the permit?
    Who can provide good lists and possibly send everything out?
    What does it cost?

...etc etc. I just cant find good straight forward info, but this is something I want to do this year. Any help would be great.
  6. newtostone

from NY

We are a "high Class" lawn service. But we work for anyone doing what they need. We don't turn down work because we are too good for it. We do what we are paid for. we do have some mow and go lawns as well as full care properties.

Any Advice?
  7. rnd

rnd LawnSite Member

See RNDSIGNS.COM. for hundreds of print advertising ideas from all over the U.S. Hundreds of professional photographs also. Request a FREE marketing book.
  8. yardtamer

yardtamer LawnSite Member

I personally had great luck with a company called Housewarmers. They deliver a gift bag to new residents..that you pay to be in. They designed a logo for the coupon book and I could change my offer ever month if I wanted.
    They only put one business from each profession in the bag so you don't have to mess with competitors.I also put a magnet or pen in the bag,as a gift to the new homeowners. It worked great for me!! good luck:walking:
  9. newtostone

from NY

I just checked and they aren't in my area, but thank you for the tip.
  10. patphish

patphish LawnSite Member

i did 10,000 postcards for a direct mailer it worked great got a lot of jobs from it even more estimates which gave a list send send to the coustomers who did choose my services last year