For the bike riders of LS.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Jan 25, 2008.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Just to spice things up a bit, here is a little info on Amsoil filters and oil for the real toys in your fleet. This has nothing to do with mowing grass, but i thought there may be a few of you Harley guys out there that may be interested. These products are available to you with a commercial account that costs you nothing. Save 20-30% off retail. PM and I can get you prices if needed. From what I have been told, Amsoil is cheaper than oil at the Harley dealerships. Look for yourself and determine if that is true or not.

https://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g2090.pdf

https://www.amsoil.com/lit/databulletins/g2235.pdf

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

LOL anything is cheaper than the Harley shop........had a guy tell me one time that HD stood for hundred dollars.....I think there dino oil is about 5 bux a qt.

wayne

3. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

We went into a nice Harley shop in Janesville, Wi to look for a Christmas present for my brother. Wow I couldnt believe the prices we saw for everything.
    Dont get me wrong I make a nice income, but man Im glad I'm not a Harley fanatic.
    I race four wheeler. If you want a real adrenalin rush go 60 mph through the woods with only 2" of wheel clearence between some trees and have 400 other racers behind you trying to get the finish line in first place and do that for 2 hours straight nonstop.

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah one of the mainthings that gets my butt........the clothing is really high dollar...and made in china....Im not paying 500 bux for a coat that a ***** might have got a nickel to make....if its made in china then it needs to be priced according

wayne

5. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

Bump. The weather is starting to break here and the bikes are coming out of the garages.

6. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i just bought a Harley about a month ago .. one thing i dont get about all the Harley riders and leather they wear is half that stuff looks queer as hell... like something the village people would wear. But i am a former sports bike rider so maybe i just dont get it... but it still looks queer:laugh:

7. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

mowing grass 1111,

I am a current sport bike rider and I don't understand the attraction to the Harley clothes either. I also don't understand the attraction to the bikes. I'll take my rocket anyday.

8. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i just sold my 05 yamaha r6 and miss it ... i am 35 years old and the bike was starting get to me a little , i have liked harleys for awhile just never really cared for the image that went with them. me and the wife were watching one of the police academy movies ...the one were they cop goes in the queer bar she started laughing about thats how most of the harley riders dress:laugh:

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

The attraction is ya can have a lotof fun and stay alive and keep ya Drivers License. I rode rice for yrs ,would even like to get a nice ducati. Yes Ill run the Harley at 100 at times but I dont always have to. On rice Im bored at 80 and always wanna run at 100 plus.

beartooth.jpg

10. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

I am 32 years old and currently own an 04 Suzuki gsxr 750. I have owned a number of other sport bikes before this one. I can't see myself owning a cruiser style bike anytime in the near future. I totally agree with the speed thing though. A sport bike is meant to go fast and they can be somewhat boring running down the road too long at the speed limit. When I get to the age where sport bikes are unconfortable I think I will be looking at one of the large dual sport bikes. They are comfortable and still very quick. I also ride dirt bikes and snowmobiles. I guess maybe it is a speed thing for me yet and maybe someday I will grow out of it. It's like a drug almost.