For the first time

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mulchmaster, Mar 7, 2007.

1. mulchmaster

mulchmaster LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Well I did somthing today that I have never done in almost 10 years of business. I started this morning at 430 putting down salt for a customer, followed by plowing them at 8 am, I plowed 2" of snow untill 2 pm then went home and took a nap. The before mentioned customer asked at the end of last week if we could pull some weeds by tommorrow, I told him that if I could I would, and it depended on the weather. When I woke from my nap the sun had melted almost all of the snow! So in the truck I jump and off to pull weeds, untill almost dark. The temp reads now 23 out. WHAT A DAY!!

2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Weeds? What type are growing right now here? Did you leave you spreader and plow on when you were doing this? Almost sounds like maybe a new customer that you picked up.

3. mulchmaster

mulchmaster LawnSite Member
    from ohio

They have been a customer for a few years now. I try to keep a close eye on their beds, so I don't know if they were left over from last year, or grew since last fall. And yes both plow and spreader were left on. :laugh:

4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Not a senario you run into everyday!

5. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

Tell me about it. Saturday it was in the sixty' s, working with just a tee. Todays temp is around 19.

6. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

With the warmth we had in late Dec early January it wouldn't surprise me if they grew druing that time. We had some growth on the lawn with onion grass as I call it.

JP