For the Grasshopper guys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PLM-1, Oct 25, 2004.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

How many of you run the LP tires? I am having trouble with mine. They keep breaking loose going up hills and if i stop or slow way down on a small hill to turn and they are tearing up my yards. My ferris never had this problem. Is there a way to adjust the maxtrack system to transfer more weight to the drive tires?? because if i hit the hydro deck lift i get traction so it must be a weight thing. I only weigh about 140 so that doesn't help either! the last straw was getting stuck in a ditch saturday that i have mowed forever. i had to winch it out with a tiedown strap...that sucked especially because it is right next to a busy intersection so i am sure i looked totally incompetent

2. PLM-1

come on guys...

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Make sure the chains at the back of the deck are in the 3rd link on both sides for best traction.

4. PLM-1

i'll check that thanks..

5. PLM-1

mowingman,

stupid question...third from the deck side or the loose end??

6. PLM-1

well i tried all positions. it didn't seem to help that much. what next??

7. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the tires liquid filled. More weight and no more flats

8. PLM-1

Ok. Nothing has fixed my problems. I adjusted the max track system. I can't adjust the chain which Mowing Man suggested (i adjusted the wrong ones (i have the hydraulic deck lift)). Changed my tire pressures. I thought that maybe it was the operator, ME. So i let another lco that was cutting in a neighborhood try it and he had the same problem so i tried his GH w/ no problems...hmmm...what next??