For the Guys that use Seasonal Contracts (question)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lynden-Jeff, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey,

Well learned from the last few years and we are doing all seasonal contracts for residential/commercial. Planned to start april 15th to November 15th however I dont think I can swing this with the customers as we most likely won't be cutting until the 1st week of may. How do you guys work it, I am from the Northeast (Ontario) area.

Cheers

2. KGR landscapeing

KGR landscapeing LawnSite Bronze Member

just start it then who cares i dont think many people even look at the date. and here i just enclude the plow on it and it drops there monthly payment and then they could care less.

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I have about 1/2 my accounts on a 7 month = pay - Due the 15th of May thru and including the 15th of Nov. I base the monthly payment on the fact that we average 26 mowings per year here. 26 X bid - Divided by 7 = Amount due 7 times a year.

4. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

'morning Jeff

(okay everybody over to Lawnsite!)

Write the contracts for the April 15 to Nov 15. That will cover the clean-ups and any first applications. I know the Weather Net said snow-rain for the 15th but don't believe it. If you have the billing dates for the 15th of the month, and you are out on the land in 2 weeks when it dries out no problem:canadaflag:

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Mine start April 1st To November 15th and just divide the payment in to 8 Monthly Bills..Works for me.

6. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have this problem as well.

I personally don't start my invoicing until May 1st.

If I have to run for a couple of weeks before I send out an invoice, so be it.

I run 6 invoices, May, June, July, August, September and October.

It gets a little tight with the money, especially a year like this one where we haven't had a lot of snow to pad the bank account (be starting up on credit cards this spring) but it seems whenever I try to get the lawn invoicing before I do anything for 20 days (usually don't start until April 20th +/-) people feel like they're getting ripped off.

I can even write it down on a piece of paper, $2,000 for the year divided by 7 is this..... $2,000 for the year divided by 6 is this.

Invariably they'll take the 6, I guess so it feels like they're getting a spring cleanup for free. I can't figure it out.

7. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

All contracts for us, starting May 1st, to Nov 1st here. Option to pay - I break it down, May 1st, July 1st, Sept 1st, or if paid in full in month of may 5% dis. Customers seem to like to save the 5%.

8. M&MLawn

M&MLawn LawnSite Member

We run our commercial accounts April through March of the following year. For our residential accounts we run them April 15th through October 15th.