for the guys who don't use illegal labor....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 13, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i know some guys will not use illegal labor. they feel it is illegal, unethical, and dishonest. BUT, these same guys, will hire a mexican who THEY KNOW DAMN WELL has a fake i.d. thier attitude is, "hey, my butt is covered." so, what is the difference? would you hire him if you thought the i.d was fake?

2. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

For having as much business as you say you do . You sure are on here alot go mow . Must be nice to not have to do anything and make money

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

My answer is absolutely NOT. period

4. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

To hire someone you need 2 forms of ID as per I-9. http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-9.pdf#search='irs%20i9'

5. llama

llama LawnSite Member

how many yards do you have to mow, bobby

6. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

No way. Only hire legal folks.

7. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

He probably don't even mow grass,just sits around and comes up with corny s### to put on here! :cool:

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

me? mow wed/thurs/fri and 1/2 saturday. total maybe 50 yards. not all are ready to cut. i did only 5 today. next week will be full force.

9. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

no mexicans, legal or illegal.

Support Americans.

Nowonder why there are so many unemployeed Americans. Its because many people are hiring these stupid mexicans because their cheap. C'mon, have some morals.

I'm sorry if i'm sounding rude, but immigrants take jobs from Americans. Period.

10. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby, I think I'm at a point that I need to hire some of these guys, I have had to turn away 2 good jobs to someone I know gets on the phone, makes the call/////Mexican friends and boom....crap is done in a few hours vs. my 8 or more hours to get it done....customers want it now!!! The white guys that own LCO around here are using nothing but these guys, I'm sure they are just checking the basics..........Changing the name to "Paco's"!!!