For the justmowit style companies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kc2006, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks like it would be a pretty simple set of shop drawings. Get me a good side view, rear view, and pay for my time doing them and I can knock it out.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Nope. My screen name isn't even close to my company name. Found out the hard way. Talking about yourself online and you become a prime target for identity theft.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  3. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Cool, just wondering because there was a guy on here from Mass named patriot at one point...

4. Mow Mony

Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA

So I have decided an all in one truck setup is in our future. Have a 2005 ram longbed regular cab that will work perfect.
    anyone have pics of their longbed truck setup with landscaper bed?
    or factory bed with dovetail/ramp setup?
    or factory bed with just a different gate setup?
    If so how has the ramp held up, which brand did you go with?

I know there are older threads, but many of the picture links don't work anymore, and most I find are huge cabover trucks or rangers.

Thinking about keeping the bed and just getting a tailgater or similar type ramp, or having the dovetail/gate made for it, not sure what would make the most sense.

On my ram I can still fit a 48" between the wheel wells, so currently thinking one 30" commercial exmark mower and one 48" turf tracer. Main reason for this setup will be parking it every night an affordable enclosed secure storage spot, which wouldn't be possible with a truck and trailer. Looking for efficiency, but also the capability to do most any lots we would normally service within that route area to keep it tight, hence the larger mowers than the standard 21" setup. Thanks for your input!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  5. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

What will you do with the grass clippings?

6. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Ha ha ha ha
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Mow Mony

Mow Mony LawnSite Member
    from VA

mowers will be setup to mulch. If we do need to bag, we will leave the clippings, same as we do now with trailers.

8. 205mx

That's why I said ha ha ha. Nobody here bags. Nobody.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from NJ

I try not to bag, but it is difficult to mulch a fertilized lawn in April & May, unless you double cut it & still it is noticeable. I was thinking of setting up a F-150 with a BTL-R ramp & a 30" Exmark & a 20" Honda to do small 1000 to 2000 square foot lawns. But I thought I would need space on the truck for 4 or 5 tall 44 gallon cans for the clippings.

10. 205mx

discharge?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.