1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

For the justmowit style companies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kc2006, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

I thought it was odd about his link too. Thats a pretty big company.

I had doubts on Just Mow It. I know a lot of us did. Things towards the end didn't seem to add up. Like the list of the top 50 lawn/landscape companies for revenue....yet they didn't make it on there. The online reviews didn't say good things either. And for a company as large as they seemed to be, why was their web presence so small? Who knows, I could be wrong. Maybe their goal the whole time was to grow it and sell it. Or maybe they closed up shop. Does anyone here talk to them?
  2. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

LSI Is very big. Not brick man big, but a very large company by most standards
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

There's a local company by me who just recently (last year or so) built a website. For some companies, they don't want/need a website.

With justmowing, he could be to the place where he doesn't want any customers; or, he only wants the ones he targets. Or, as you suggested, maybe they sold! Payday!
  4. JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker LawnSite Senior Member

:usflag::usflag::usflag:I think the entire operation was deported back under the border....yay!!! Open jobs for Americans!!:usflag::usflag::usflag:
  5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Not likely and I will tell you why. This whole model is built off extreme numbers of the lowest rung of customer. We all now how extremely flaky the lowball mow n go customer is. This business would need hundreds of new clients every month just to replace the ones who flaked let alone add growth. This model lives or dies by a website and advertising. I still call shenanagans on the true size of its numbers. Nobody in its AO has chimed in to say if they are still seeing their trucks working. If they did sell I again ask why nobody has reported seeing a new fleet running about town or a massive sell off of their unique trucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

All I know is I got a new customer today from JustMowing. ;) On a serious note. Thank you JustMowing. Not to say they went out of business. The customer just said that their branch in Austin was charging her $50.00 to service her location, because she lives in a rural area outside of the city, which I just so happened to be advertising.
  7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I'll be over in their DFW service area for a mulch install tomorrow. I'll see if I see anything. Honestly though, all last season being in one of their service areas once day a week, I hardly ever saw one of their trucks. I saw Lawn Jockey's trucks wayyyy more often than JM.
  8. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

Every time we figure out the genius model of Just Mowing business...they re write the book.

I can tell you they are still in business. My sister in law gets her lawn done by them. We don't service her area. She says they do a great job and have re branded themselves this year the

Mowing Managers. Lawn care management and marketing services.

By the way they are not low ballers. They charge slightly above the market average for this area.
    Their prices of course won't match your prices because you are in a different market.
    Also they literally have no employees to send back to Mexico. All of their workers are subs...on a tight leash.

I don't know why their site is down. I am sure they are adding some crazy new technology to their site. My best guess is their server couldn't perform the function of their next awesome feature and they had to tear it down and rebuild it. Bugs are probably present and they don't want to launch until it is ready. Just a hunch.
  9. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was waiting for you to show up on this Lawn Jockey. I never thought they were no longer in business.

Anyways, you said all the workers are subs. Can you explain a little? Did they really take all they had and sub it out???
  10. lawn_jockey

lawn_jockey LawnSite Member

I hate to sound like I know everything about just mowing. Not the case.
    If you go to the mowing managers page.. If it is up... You can seethe business model of managing lawn routes for solopreneurs. They likewise turned their crew members into owner operators.

If I had to label them now. They are no longer in the mowing industry. They are in the software/marketing/management business.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.