For the justmowit style companies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kc2006, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you!

2. mowing4cash

mowing4cash LawnSite Member
    from us

There other company is Mow Managers.

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I think it depends a lot on what area you're in as well. I work around Anne Arundel county and I could never charge $20 for 2+ acres. If you're closer to DC in the city, Bethesda, etc this is a terrific business model.

There is a ton of money to be made in Montgomery county if someone wanted to pursue this model. I would, but the travel time to mon county would kill me
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is Mow Managers a franchise business they started?

Just started reading their website...it explains a lot.

5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I would say for this model to work you need an unlimited supply of small properties and HB2 workers. Without the volume and labor the model will fail. It wont work in most areas. IMO this model is much harder to make work vs charging normal rates on high quality work. But obviously justmowit made it work and was really the pioneer in his area. Sounds like others in his area are using his model and taking a piece of his pie. The problem with volume/price models will always be lack of loyalty. Its always going to attract price shoppers and the next company will always be willing to charge a little less. Justmowit is a smart business man and grabbed a huge market share before others caught on though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. whiffyspark

He has over 20,000 customers. Approximately 520,000 a week in revenue. It would take a significant drop of loosing customers for him to feel it
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I gotta ask where you got this info from? This a privately owned company and is not going to publish it's P&L statements on the internet. I saw maybe a hundred online reviews (not that I put much stock in them anyways) where I would have expected to see thousands in the major review sites.:usflag:

9. whiffyspark

Research deeper lol. He's talked about a lot. He used to be a very open company until everyone tried to go after him
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

So this mow manager company is him expanding to other cities?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.