1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

for the moderator

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by befnme, Jan 17, 2006.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i posted showing a link we could use to get 7 free ideas on how to better market our selves and it got deleted . was that a no-no on here .it was free for all and totaly unsupported.
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes, it does not adhere to the guidelines of lawnsite.com
  3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

How so? I see people posting links to other sites all the time. Links to online businesses that are their to make $, links to articles with tips on business practices, the green industry, etc. Sounds pretty fishy to me.
  4. 1MajorTom

Nothing fishy about it. Links to other green industry related websites/forums are not prohibted unless they are an approved sponsor.
  5. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

aka pony up the cash................. its all about money
  6. 1MajorTom

Is your lawn/landscape business about making money? just curious?
    Sean does a FABULOUS job of providing us this free forum. I can't say enough about how well he has grown this community, the sponsors he has brought to this board, etc, etc, etc.
    Do you let your competitors advertise for free on the side of the truck you are driving?
  7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Im simply stating a face he wanted to know why
  8. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Seems to me that hampers the ability of this community to learn and grow. If all we ever get to post and share are links that pay to be posted, one cannot learn and expand their horizons in the green industry. We all realize that Sean has to pay for the site, but not being able to share free tips, articles, and links to other sites ties the hands of the members.

I know for a fact that in the past people have asked questions about services such as aeration, and I've posted a link to my site to show them how I sell and explain the service. I didn't pay to put that on there, yet it stayed up. People post links to their websites all the time on here. Some have a lot of great information. People have links in their signatures. befnme has a link to his website in his signature right now. Why are those not monitored as closely?

How about the various articles I've seen linked to on here? Those aren't paid for, yet I've gotten a lot of great info out of them about the green industry. I've posted links to websites that sell equipment that aren't sponsors, they've been allowed.

Seems to me that it's either not a well kept rule, or the moderators are just picking and chosing as they go. I don't know what the man's link was for or to where, but it seems to me to be a bit hipocritical.

Examples of websites I've found thanks to Lawnsite, links that were posted that I visited and bookmarked.

Threads that have links by non-sponsors:

I could go on and on and on. Your explanation does not hold water. There are links all over this site that have been posted and allowed before and presently.

Like I said, Sean has a right to earn a living through this site, but are we to understand a free exchange of information isn't allowed anymore if the link is not a sponsor?