1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

For the mulching guys.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rcslawncare, Apr 28, 2010.

1. AOD

AOD LawnSite Senior Member

I made my own mulch plug for my Z master. Toro dealer wanted $130 fr a mulch kit that was little more than a chinzy plastic plug. I made one out of a chunk of 3/4" oak plywood and bolted it to the deck. When it breaks I have a solid piece of oak to make a new one out of. When that breaks I'll make one out of steel.

2. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

trimmer trap bade blocker. I have on for my wb. the only hard part is the installation of it

3. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the replies guys, thinking twice, both are around the same price. Might just go for the mulch kit and hope for the best. Just don't want clippings all over. Would I need to run gator blades or are the factory high lifts fine for what you guys do? Thanks fore the info!

4. sharpcuts

sharpcuts LawnSite Member
    from NE OK

I run the factory mulching blades. I only like gators for leaves. too much lift will make you eat more grass. it will blow out under the front unless you're mowing very low.