for the new englanders

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Oct 26, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

When is your last scheduled lawn mowing going to be?
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

probably one more week, then the fall clean ups begin.
  3. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

A week and a half ago.
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

is MN considered to be in new england ?:D
  5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I started partial clean-ups last week. Some are all done and others will get a finial clean-up and mow. Got to get ready for an early winter!!!!!!!!!

6. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Next week will be the last regular mowing week, after that I will mulch leaves weekly as needed til they are all gone or it snows or thanxgiving whichever is first.
  7. The weather is warmer and milder longer where I am on the coast.

After 3 months of drought the grass is growing again with some rain, the morning dew and cooler weather.

My last cut is usually the second or third week of November.

The leaves are only starting to fall now and if there is no snow cleanups can go into December!
  8. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

leaf cleanups depend on how much sun a tree gets and usually starts about a week after halloween or the week after. i still mow to about thanksgiving on a bi -weekly unless heavy rain or growth of grass. last yr the last leaf cleanup was the day after thanksgiving.
  9. In my neck of the woods fall cleanups and mowings should be about 90% finished for my customers within the next 2 - 2 1/2 weeks. (3 guys are working 6 days a week)
  10. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

We haven't had a frost here on the Cape, grass still growing strong. Still weekly mowing on most accounts. Leaves just started falling at a good amount this week,so we will mow weekly on leafy yards til end of November. We don't start last cleanups til after thanksgiving because leaves aren't all down til then.