For The New Guy's

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by plantzpropertymanagement, Apr 8, 2006.

1. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

what of ever you do dont buy a homeowner ztr i made a mistake by not getting a commercial ztr

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

Talk to us...

3. plantzpropertymanagement

yes talk to them i wish i would of found this sight before i bought mine

4. Splicer

No...I mean, what happened????

5. plantzpropertymanagement

ohhhh, its just not what i expected it just does not do as good of job as a commercial mower its not as quick and not good on hills when im on a hill side ways it will start smoking and want to die out. I also bought a bagger for it and it does not bag very well at all like i did a yard that had just a few little tiny leaves on it and it still left a bunch on the grass it is a 42 in cub cadet ztr

6. Splicer

That sucks. :(

7. plantzpropertymanagement

yeah your telling me

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

If this is all you're dealing with right now, you got it made. Sit back and enjoy what you have for the meantime, because your troubles haven't even BEGUN! Wait until you go through your pumps or your wheel motors, because these components are NOT designed to operate everyday. They may LOOK like a ztr commercial, and they may even drive like one....but bottom line, these machines are NOT built for the rigors of ANY type of regular use. Also, the bearing, spindles, and a host of other things are not built to last, either.

9. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

take it back asap!!! start over with the right equipment. these ztr's pay for them selves:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

10. plantzpropertymanagement

i dont think they will let me take it back ive had it for one season now do you know if dealers do trade ins.