1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

For the Northeners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Homeworks, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Homeworks

Homeworks LawnSite Member

Just starting out and working out of toronto (thats Canada-just in case:p )and wondering when you guys start. I'm thinking April first, but not quite sure.
    i know it might depend on how the weather goes, but whats the norm.
    Northern states (New York, Illinois,etc.)we all get about the same weather, so any info would be great! thanks
  2. I try to have everything to go by April 1st. Then I wait and see. Last year I mowed thru April like it was May, but that was an exceptional year.
    That lake between us makes a big difference in climate. I'm 30 miles south of the "snow belt". I only average 2 snows per season.

3. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

My average start is around Apr. 15th for cleanups, Mowings are in Full swing by May 1.

Good luck
  4. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

cleanups start march 15th, weather permitting, and mowing begins first to second week of april. ear;ier if absolutely necessary
  5. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

Looking in the book from last year we started cleanups April 9th.
    We started weekly mowing for 95% of our customers on April 30th
  6. TheLawnBoy

TheLawnBoy LawnSite Member

last year yard cleanups started in mid april to early march and then the mowing started pretty heavy.