For the ones that know me im just curious?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Aug 21, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I am just curious how many that know me from back in dec of 2007 when i first came on here and said i was going to start my buisness thought that i would make it as long as i have?
    I know alot of guys talked alot of smack with me and its funny half of them i dont see on here anymore. Anyway im still going strong for now even though i am alittle worried about the income for the winter months..hopefully i can do enough clean ups and snow plowing to get me through it.

I have put about 70% of my profits back into my buisness account so that will help some! I did just spend about 10k on a new dump trailer, leafvac and ect.. though! I have learned soooo much so far and realize that as fast as i got my accounts i could lose them so i just keep on doing the right things and cross my fingers and say my prayers!!

2. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Ill be honest. At first I thought you were pushing it with the brand new truck, trailer, and mowers. I figured I would give you more credit though after the ammount of money and time you put into good advertisement. Then you came back posting that you bought a new trimmer, then a new headge trimmer, then handheld blower, then you were looking for an employee. That made me believe you wouldnt make it.
    you proved me wrong, I wish I had the guts to invest in quality equipment and advertisement now that I see how its worked for you.

3. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I read alot of your posts back in the winter and spring, and I noticed that you seemed to be posting an awful lot, but then I realized that you were serious about this - asking mostly relevant questions, and wanting real answers. That's the way to do it imo. I have built my business up in a completely different way, but it's nice to see how other guys go about it, too. Congrats on what looks like a successful start-up, and I hope it continues to grow.

4. oakwdman

oakwdman LawnSite Bronze Member

at first i was excited because i thought all that nice new equipment would be for sale right now lol. You went all in and it seems like it is definatley paying off! You are a prime example of the old saying "You have to spend $$$ to make $$$"! I know I definatley dont have the balls to do what you did... congratulations!!!

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

not trying to be a a$$ but i just dont like your attitude in the posts so thats why i gave you a hard time. i dont think your anything special there's a million guys just like you if not better, im 21 and could argue that im light years ahead of anything you will ever be..... but i dont show a fish just to flex my muscles. thats not me.

dont get all wound up im saying this light hearted and joking but true.

i think its just the way you come across like your the profit of all lawns

6. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Say boy.... how bad do you want to succeed? How bad do you want it?
    What are you willing to do?..... ahhhh the courage to take risks......

7. bigw

omg are you still on the stupid fish picture...i swear to you on my mothers grave i never even thought about my arm in that picture i truly just wanted to show off the big fish...im sorry if i had to use my arm to hold the fish while the picture was shot and who ever said anything about me being special.

I dare you to go back and read all of my post and i never once said i was better then anyone...thats your self esteem problem not mine and as far as you arguing that you are light years ahead of someone twice your age is an argument that you would lose!
    Now dont go bashing me and then tell me your only joking because that makes no sense either, why do you feel the need to start something ? QUOTE....
    " im 21 and could argue that im light years ahead of anything you will ever be" Thats not a good way to show how your not like me!!!! And with this said just ignore me and my post if you dont like me because im not going to get into the games again ok!

8. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Yet right under that you say..
    Doesn't add up to me:confused:

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

dang man you get fired up easy. calm down.... take a deep breath.... hold it....exhale.

10. bigw

lol i know but i also know that having the right equipment will help me bring in the cash flow for not just this winter but for years to come, i am not going to stay status qout just because of a few cold months.
    I have a plan and im proceeding with it. Besides i have financed these things with 0% intrest 0 payments for 6 mos so does that make more sense to you?