1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

? for the pros!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dedgrass, Feb 11, 2003.

1. dedgrass

dedgrass LawnSite Member

Howdy all!
    This is a great site .
    I cut about 4 acres of old pasture(now my yard) with an older scag. It's time to change mowers. I found a Woods(Grasshopper) w/60 in. deck and water cooled Kubota gas. 300 hrs-looks good and priced at $5300. Should I go there or look at something else?
    thanks in advance!
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Get on over and look at it. Kubota gas motor is the same as the diesel just burns gas. Same block. You should get many many hours from that motor. Woods has been around a long time.
  3. dedgrass

dedgrass LawnSite Member

The mower is very clean. I talked to the previous owner and he bought it new in '99. He had no problems with it. Bought something else because he wanted to go faster. What I like about this machine is the hinged deck - to get up into slopes and the like. Also- the shaft drive seems to me to be a plus. Are these advantages or am I missing something?
    I don't have plans to mow commercially, I just have a lot of yard to cut, and I'd just as soon be fishin'!;) :)