For those Landscapers IN Michigan

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MJK, Aug 1, 2006.

1. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

Do we need any licenses to do landscape construction and lawn care? If so who can I contact to get these licenses? Thanks a ton.

Marc

2. MJK

Bump.....................

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

To do lawn care,...yes. A licence is required. To do lawn maintenance (mowing and such), no.
    For landscape construction, it depends on the degree. Jobs over $5000. require local licensing, and technically, when electric is hooked up through the house, licensing is required for doing direct hard wiring. this one is often overlooked, though.

4. MJK

Thanks for responding, who do i contact for the landscape construction local licensing? And as for lawn care, are you talking about Chemicals/spraying?

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You would contact your county and city or township offices for your local licensing. They will be able to advise you on if there is state requirements to be done (depending on what you are doing - i.e. excavating, electric, etc.)
    Also, yes....I was refering to chem. when I had mentioned lawn care. The term Lawn Care is actually a text term defining the fert. and chem. aspect of landscape management.

6. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Thats not a license man.

Thats a tax.