1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

For those not cutting yet due to cold weather.........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Apr 16, 2014.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

This is just for you. Got the new sony action cam and suction mount and decided to mount it to my old 160Z when I cut my backyard. First cut of the year on my lawn. YouTube really destroys the video quality and makes it all blocky and grainy. The raw file looks 1000X better. But here you go anyway.

The gps overlay is very laggy as you are about to see.

http://youtu.be/YVh4Ht-zQW4?t=13s

2. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting video. Nice place. you probably have one of the last remaining farms in G-burg.

3. ProStreetCamaro

I am in hoco right by triadelphia reservoir. We work out of gburg. You are right though not many bigger lawns in gburg. Mine is 2 acres of lawn and one acre of woods.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

My last name is Burton. Grew up in Burtonsville and Laurel. Rocky Gorge was my stomping ground. To bad the area grew so fast. Beautiful country

5. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Why are you going so slow? Top speed was maybe 7...You have a big gravely beast. Hammer down. They are built for it.

6. ProStreetCamaro

Extremely rough from all the mole tunnels. That 160 is older and doesn't have a suspension seat. That was a mole trap I went around near the beginning. Some of it I did max it out. I don't know how accurate that GPS is . I think this mower has a max of 9mph. It has the small 10cc wheel motors and pumps.

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I was thinking the same thing… GPS lags a little for sure.
    But what the mfg CLAIMS those things travel is NOT what they do…
    Kinda like MPG on cars… My 90 year old aunt who is a nun can't get the MPG out of those cars they claim you can get.

8. ProStreetCamaro

This was from the same cut out front.

[​IMG]

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

How the?!? I mean, what the?!? You suck!

No wonder our grass is brown as dirt. You got all the green. We won't be mowing here for at least a couple weeks, and that's only if we don't get any more snow. I can't believe that you even went through winter with as green as you are already, and needing a mow at that. It sure couldn't have been like it was here. We either set, or tied the record this year for snowfall in MI. We're way behind where we've been for the last dozen or more years as far as grass greening up. Most I can do right now is sit on my mower and make vroom vroom noises.:rolleyes:

It sure looked to me like you were doing more than 4-7 mph.

BTW- PICK UP THOSE STICKS!!!:hammerhead::laugh:

10. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

A little off topic here Pro Street, but what can I expect from the new 48" ProWalk I bought last week in terms of stripe and cut? Awesome deal from the dealer, ProWalk 19hp hydro elec start PS and a OCDC. I've been an eXmark / Toro man since 1999, but have used Gravely in mid 90's. Reviews all sound good, just wanted some real world expertise....