1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

For those of you with a new(er) exmark TTHP...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fiveoboy01, Jun 16, 2006.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

When I rotate the neutral lock levers to the lock position and release the drive levers, the mower creeps forward.

The neutral lock levers are not physically holding the levers in the neutral position. There is a slight gap, and releasing the drive levers with the locks on makes the mower move.

The neutral lock worked perfectly when I picked it up from the dealer on tuesday.

This thing has less than 2 hours on it. Is it a matter of adjusting a linkage? Silly me, I didn't check if mabye there is a loose one. I'll do that tomorrow morning.

I'm just wondering if any of you have run into this.
  2. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

yeah mine does that too my safeties don't work either... I need to fix em both
  3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

mine does the same thing, i have 2 of them a 36 and a 52 and they creep like that there is the rod that goes from the handle (control) to the pump its just needs to be adjusted and it will stop for a while until it vibrates loose a little. ive even tried putting locktight on mine and after about 3 months theyll creep a hair or two again...... turn the mower on and let it creep while you make the adjustment. both sides will need adjusted.
  4. Thistle

Thistle LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

Yep, that happened to me also. I adjusted the linkage.
  5. wherebluegrassgrows

wherebluegrassgrows LawnSite Member

Mine seems to creep in reverse. Just use the brake.
  6. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i had it both ways for a while but the thing about using the brake is after a while i got to thinking that it works yes... but then there is the "dead" pressure in the hydros that is "built up" and putting pressure on all the parts which cant be all that great ya know..... at least i didnt figure so....
  7. anj

anj LawnSite Member

I Have The 36 Inch And It Creeps Backwards When I Come To A Stop And The Rpms Are High. My Tire Psi Was Low And The Brake Would Not Hold It Either. Once I Properly Inflated The Tires The Brake Holds It Fine Now.
  8. hamsey

hamsey LawnSite Member
    from CT

Got the same thing with my TTHP. I will play with the linkage to see if I can get it to stop. Thanks for posting this as I have been wondering why it is happening. I never looked into the problem though.

9. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36" with about 4 hrs on it now according to the tiny tach. It creeps bacwards.
  10. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

all eXmark stuff simply going downhill, huh....
    You guys have to adjust linkages on both side, don't even bother with tracking knob, it is waste of time. Both linkages have nuts that you can loosen and adjust till your neutral is standing still, it is also helping you tracking straight.
    The factory is not performing test and adjustment before shipping out to dealers, some dealers adjust for your before putting on the floor and most of them don't. That is why you end up like this.