For those of you with Kawasaki trimmers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jiggz, Feb 11, 2008.

1. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

i have about 5 of them and anytime there hanging on the rack of my trailer and im driving places they always leak gas threw the carb? like alot!! enough to soak the air filter and they wont start.. so everytime i go to use one I have to take the filter off ring it out and put it back in.. well its gotten to the point where ive been running them without filters anymore cause its just such a pain in the ass..now they just leak on the street..haha

if anyone has any ideas let me know.. even the sorta new ones do it.. im just wondering if its common with them..My Shins and Redmaxes have all stayed dry for years..It sucks because i really like how they run..

the place i got them from is no longer a distributor anymore..and im never in that area, maby ill look for there number if none of you know

Thanks in advance

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

buy redmax.

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

back in the early days..... "early 80's " when I first started cutting grass, ECHO'S did this.

we would get brand new ones put them on a rack, drive to the next house and pull for 30 minutes to get it going again.

the dealer said dont hand it where the carb is down,,,,,

it worked,

But we quickly switched to Green machine.....

4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the info....WAS thinking about buying one this week

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I owned one years ago, but I don't remember having this problem. I know Lesco sells Kawasaki equipment or at least they used to. Maybe you could ask them.