For those that do fall clean-ups

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MICHPLOWER, Aug 17, 2010.

1. MICHPLOWER

MICHPLOWER LawnSite Member

for those who do fall clean-up, do you have your customers pay full payment up front or have them give you a deposit and collect the amount due when job is complete. last year i had clients that wated 2 visits with no contract and when i return to do the second clean up they said they did not want are service for the 2nd one so i was out half of the money when i cleaned up almost 80% off the leaves the first time. just wound how you guys do things.

thanks for any help

2. sharpcuts

sharpcuts LawnSite Member
    from NE OK

If its not for my regular mowing customers, its strictly by the hour @ my highest hour rate $ 45- $50/man hr.

3. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

My regular customers are charged $6/45 gal bag picked up regardless of what method I use to collect them and I perform the work when I think it needs done. I have never been slighted by a reguler customer. New customers are also given a set price but are expected to pay the day I complete the work. After you have done it for a while you can pretty much visualize how many bags that will be and give them a price up front. You may come up short on a few jobs but overall it works out for me. We have live oaks in my area so leaf collection keeps me busy from late winter to fathers day.

4. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 LawnSite Senior Member

up here we quote per job.....so complete clean up for X dollars, regardless how long or short it takes us. For regular clients they are invoiced monthly, for stand alone customer they pay day of or no service is performed

5. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I price everything "by the job". That way if I get screwed, it's because I bid wrong...

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

you will have to feel out your custoemrs, all of our "CLEAN UP" Jobs are under contract.

we dont get paid untill the end of the month.