1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

For those thinking that everyone should be working by now....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LwnmwrMan22, Apr 23, 2008.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Wow...makes me glad to be an Okie. I was sweating my butt off today. Lots of humidity, temps in the hi 70's/low 80's.
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

It was almost 90 here 2day with about 85%humidity
  4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

5. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I got you all beat...

City of Winnipeg
    3:04 PM CDT Wednesday 23 April 2008
    Winter storm warning for
    City of Winnipeg upgraded from winter storm watch
    Heavy snowfall and freezing rain for most of southern Manitoba beginning overnight and ending Thursday.

This is a warning that dangerous winter weather conditions are imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions...Listen for updated statements.

A low pressure system intensifying over Wyoming today will move northeastward to Lake of The Woods Thursday evening. As this low approaches, it will spread heavy snow, freezing rain, and rain into southern Manitoba. The precipitation will begin this evening in southernmost regions, and overnight elsewhere.

The exact track of this system will be important in determining where the heavy snow and freezing rain will occur, and where the rain snow boundary will set up. A slight shift in the track of the system could put Winnipeg into the heavy snow area, or conversely, into the rain area. Current indications are that Winnipeg will experience a mixture of snow and freezing rain.

At this point, it appears that the heaviest snow will fall along a line from the Turtle Mountains through Portage la Prairie, Gimli, and Bissett with 10 to 20 cm expected. The most likely area for freezing rain will be along a 60 kilometre wide swath through Pilot Mound, Winnipeg, Dugald and Lac Du Bonnet. In the wake of this system strong northerly winds will create some lower visibilities in the areas receiving snowfall. The southeast corner of the province near Sprague should escape with only rain from this system. The precipitation will end Thursday morning in areas west of Winnipeg and Thursday afternoon further east.
  6. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

this won't stop me. i've mowed while it was snowing, lightning, hailing (baseball size) tornado's you name it. i've mowed through it.