for those trying to add clients

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 24, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

you guys who are trying to expand, and add more customers, how is it going? i took my adds out of the paper like a month ago, but new customers are crawling out of the woodwork. got 2 new ones alone just yesterday(sunday), they saw us working during the week, took the # off the sign on the truck. it's getting out of control. i may have to start working more than 6 hrs a day. i hate that though, it really cuts into my beer drinking time

2. bobbygedd

from NJ

anyone? no replies?

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Same here buddy, but I never try to add customers, it just happens, especially this time of year. But I usaulyy wind up losing a few by the start of next season so it all balences out.

You home today too? wedding last night, feel alittle woozy.........

4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

i am adding someone almost everyday. I added one friday, nobody saturday, signed a guy on yesterday, and just got another call from a lady who wants on this morning. Also going up to sign on another lady today. Thats 4 new contracts in 4 days. No advertising, other than a nicely lettered trailer.

HOWS THE MOMS COMING BOBBY? We have a bet.

trevor

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

trevor, we have no bet. i have a wife, if i didn't i would have 3 newly carved knotches in my bedpost by . how's it going for you?you aint in yet? cmon man, you're embarresing me. i'll never forget, one night when i was about your age, i had a girl in my room, one at the front door, and one on the phone, all at the same time. but that, is another story. FGA, i'm only home till 11. have to watch my son(sick, stayed home from school) till wife gets back from her work.

6. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby where in NJ are you. I am not picking up anymore accounts and have been recommending another service. I am trying to focus on installation.

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

i'm in east brunswick. neptune kinda out of my area......by about 40 miles. business good up that way huh? do you get into like the deal or elberon area?

8. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

Business is good I have really been giving away alot of customers that I can not handle on the Lawn Care side. I do most of my accounts in Avon, Bradley Beach, Neptune, and Shark River Hills. Deal is kind of a hassle b/c the customers are very price sensitive. Avon is really where I would like to grow. Small lawns at premium prices. We actually had guys from East Brunswick coming down to work for us when I worked for someone else ..

9. RjCjR

RjCjR LawnSite Member

I'm focusing on tightening up my route.
    No ads for me this year!

I've been dropping waves of 250 - 500 flyers
    each week.

Last thursday I did 250 and by 5pm I got 5 calls.
    sold 2 weekly mowings
    and 4 fert programs with some aerations.

it's funny how consistent the 2%-3% response is.

another interesting point:
    the neighborhood I got the sales from on thursday...
    that was the SECOND time I've hit it this year!

10. TROTTMAN

TROTTMAN LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, y'all are in a great position because instead of rejecting the lawns you can give high quotes and get away with it.

See for me, I only have 8 accounts because I lost A TON from last season and I am having to build back up and its taking forever...