For those using aftermarket hydro filters

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Aug 31, 2001.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I need to change the hydro filter on my Yazoo/Kees ZTMax. I bought a filter from the dealer a while back, but it was an aftermarket of unknown origin :confused: They do not stock the Kees filter and laugh at you for wanting OEM :rolleyes: I honestly don't really trust the filter they gave me. All it says is 10 Micron.

Anybody with an Exmark or any other mower for that matter using a Wix or Purolator on their hydros? On the Wix site I entered the part #102606 and it came back with 102606 KEE (so it recognizes the Kees part #) it crosses into a 51348 Wix. Amazingly this is the same filter the Kohler engine would use. The site says it is for reference only and to check with dealer for exact application. The dealer never seem to have that info :rolleyes:

I just want someone to tell me this is what they are using and it works

2. crs

crs LawnSite Member

Carquest and NAPA both sell wix filters under their brand names. If you go to one of their stores the counter person should be able to help you out with the cross reference. Be carefull, the number you listed is an engine oil filter and may not be rated for the pressure in a hydro system. Also, you could check with a hydraulic supplier in your area for the filters.

I usually use Wix filters if they make one to fit my application.

I was an auto parts counterman in a previous life.

Good Luck

:blob1:
    :blob4:
    :blob3:

Don't you just love these things!!

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks. Maybe I'll run down to the Napa and see if they can help me out.