1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

for those who carry.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

have you ever had to fire your piece at someone or is it just a macho thing? just curious. i think its silly to carry a gun while youre mowing. might do a barney fife and shoot your foot. :laugh:
  2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

its in the truck while im cutting. ive pulled it out on sumone before. caught em comin out my enclosed trailer with my bakpack blower and stick edger.
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I hope if you pulled that gun, you are prepared to end someones life because that thief may feel threatened enough to shoot back. I know would not kill someone over my leaf blower and stick edger. Seriously if you guys are that threatened where you mow, then maybe you should consider somewhere else to operate your business. I know there is nothing worse than a thief but I'm not willing to kill over lawn equipment.
  4. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I WOULD BE!!! u spend 300.00 on a blower and someone steals it ur SOL!!!some of us don't have the liberty of having "a trust fund"
  5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I will. you are taking sumthing that i use to provide for me and my family
  6. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you pull it you need the set to back it up, are you willing to change your life as you know now forever?
    Go to jail, lawyers, etc......

I have used the Glock in the past and know in my heart I can kill someone who threatens me or my family, that means stealing from me as well!!!:usflag:
  7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

true you have the RIGHT to protect your self and proptery.

But I would think twice about carring a gun...

I dont and I live in Texas
  8. DLCS

No trust fund here, I've worked my ass off for everything I have but no MATERIAL item that I have is worth ending someones life. If someone pulled a gun on me or my family, now thats a different story.
  9. DLCS

.....and you would most likely be the one in jail. Now how would you provide for your family.
  10. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I have a gun with me quite often. In my area, people are not the problem, a
    sick, possibly rabid animal is more likely. I have shot coyotes off my mower.
    One was watching me from 20 yards away. Has little hair left, and was probally looking for mice/moles in the lawns. Coyotes around here have learned to hit the fields when they are being cut. The mice really run around when they cut the fields... :usflag:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.