For those who charge monthly

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by privatelawn, Oct 3, 2006.

1. privatelawn

privatelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Do you charge less on the off season months or the same $$$ year round? I see many new customers wanting a discount for the off season months not sure if I should

2. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

I charge the same for every month.

3. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto, Other wise it is 900 for the major work months and 5 for the off time. why not make it an even 350 a month and eat the same all year long.

4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I charge the same year round. My contract makes it clear that they pay the same in December when I only show up once as in June when I make 4 visits.

5. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

i charge the same year around here in northern ca. i'm able to take care of my customers each month no snow and not to much rain

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

12 months of payments = 12 months of EQUAL payments.
    March 1st till nov 15th we visit every week and every other week during the "off season"

7. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

tell them they are getting a discount in the spring / summer due to you equalizing the payments throughout the year.

8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

This may be a stupid question...but I dont really care. What happens if you are doing even payments....and on say...November 15th...the customer gives you the 15 day notice to cancel?? Lets say they signed up in March. What then?

Ive been considering this kind of contractual deal...so more insight would be great.

9. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Also...what does the service include yearly? Do you offer packages of aeration and seeding? Does it include fall cleanup?? When you do fall cleanup---how many times do you perform the service? Again these questions may be basic...but I havent used contracts so Im still a little green to it.

10. Bel Air Bob

Bel Air Bob LawnSite Member

Do however you like, just figure it out so you get the same amount over the entire year. I think most customers would rather have a steady monthly rate if their paying all year. If they want a discount in low months, remind them that means they'll have to pay more in busy months. You need the same money either way.