for those who have done this sort of thing..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by haynestotallawns, Apr 12, 2004.

1. haynestotallawns

haynestotallawns LawnSite Member
    from SC

How have you guys gone about contacting realtors? I know there are some on here who do work for them I was wondering how you went about selling your services to them. I've never worked for a realtor but I was curious if the business is worth pursuing? Thanks in advance.
  2. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

we have dealt with several realtors. we have not found any to be particularly loyal to us, once the house sold, we no longer heard from them, although we tried. if they have a preferred vendor list, we aren't on it.

sometimes they are real scoundrals when it comes to collecting money. i would advise that if you land any work from one that you get everything in writing, something that demonstrates agreement on who is responsible for paying, when, and how much. also make sure you have contact info for that person.
  3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

From my experience, the idea sounds much better than it works in reality. Sure, they have a large source of homes with lawns that might need to be mowed, but their loyalty is zilch. And, payments get shuffled hither and yon. No more for me ...
  4. haynestotallawns

haynestotallawns LawnSite Member
    from SC

thanks for the advice guys.
  5. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I work for a realtor but he's a family friend so I dont need to worry about payment. Much of my work is on call, wants me to come mow because he's showing the house the next day. It's his own realty company and he pays the mowing service not the seller which was surprising to me.