for those who have sulkeys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobcatnj, Oct 11, 2004.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

what do you guys attach the chain to from the sulkey to the mower to? i mean the when the chain is attached to the sulkey and you put it in the upright position what do you attach the chain to the mower 2?

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

my chain ran to the handlebars...

Derek

3. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

See if there is a bolt near the middle and attach it to there or just drill a hold somewhere in between your control brace.

4. cgotro

cgotro LawnSite Member

We have Scags we drilled bolt holes in the control panel and attached the chains there. We put a hook on the end so we could just hook the sulkey to the chain when we were finished.

5. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is an example

Ferris.jpg

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We use a bungie cord...it's quicker up/down and you don't get grease all over your hands from the chain/clip.

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i have a hole drilled in the center below the grips. i have a clip which i yanked off a chain on the top, attached a carribeaner (sp) to the bottom of that, and just hook that onto the sulky. i used to use a bungie cord, but unless you have a rubber one with very minimal "give" it will bounce all over, mine would actually bounce out of its hole when on the truck.