For those with a 36" V-Ride

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Baytownlawncare, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Baytownlawncare

Baytownlawncare LawnSite Member

I am purchasing a 36" V-Ride in roughly 2 weeks. I am wanting to know about how long it takes you guys that have one to say mow an average 10,000 square foot lot with house and average obstacles which is what I mostly mow. Also maybe a half acre lot with home and average amount amount of obstacles. I am trying to gauge how much more productivity I will have with this new machine. Thanks for the help.

2. coxslawncare

coxslawncare LawnSite Member

3. Baytownlawncare

I have seen that chart. I want so real world numbers from people actually mowing yards using one.

4. coxslawncare

coxslawncare LawnSite Member

I have demoed the 36 V-ride and can tell you it is much faster than a walk behind. I usually run a 52 so I cant say on a day to day basis what to expect. The 36 seemed to want to rut more than the 52 does and also did not perform well on hills compared to the 52. I am comparing the 36 v ride to a 36 toro t bar belt drive in a very limited experience, but if I had to use a 36 on a daily basis I would make the switch to the V-ride in a minute.

5. Baytownlawncare

I am kinda thinking around 30 minutes for half and acre and about 5-15 minutes on a 10k sq foot lot. Just my guess.