for those with experience with each.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Jan 22, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i'm in the market for a new walk behind. my dealer has exmark, toro, and scag. which one have you had the best experience with? which one gives the most bang for your buck? thanks for replies.
  2. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I like these.....
  3. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned the Scag and used the Exmark with the Ecs. I haven't used the Toro. Alot of people on here don't like the ol pistol grips. I personally like them, they have come along way as far as ease of use. Both the Ecs and pistol grips are very easy to learn to operate. Exmark sells more walks then any other company I would say just because of the ECS system and the Exmark reputation of quality. The Scags however are built more heavier and are around $500 cheaper around here. I would also compare warranties.I think the Scag has a better warranty. Scag also has the new Pro-v walk-behind that is out now. I have seen the mower but without being able to demo it yet dont know what to think about it . Maybe you can demo one of each then you will have a better idea of what you might want. Also one thing to look at if your going to finance then Exmark has 12 months same as cach right now. They also have a couple more great finance options out right now. Scag isn't offering anything good right now as far as financing. I hope they do before mowing season because I have to buy my 61 29 dfi Tiger:weightlifter:
  4. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah I would get the Scag:usflag:
  5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Toro's are built like tanks. They have the toughest mower decks out there 7 gage steel and the toughest spindle assembly on the market. The Turbo Force deck is the best built deck with the best cut out there and T-Bar steering is also one of the best there is. When it comes down to sulkys Toro's Tru Trak sulky is the best sulky period and its only available on Toro.
  6. lawnmagicinc

lawnmagicinc LawnSite Member
    from jax fl

i would say toro or exmark stay away from scag
  7. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

They are all good mowers. It comes down to demoing all of them to see which one is right for you. My preference is Exmarks' TTHP.
  8. lawnmagicinc

lawnmagicinc LawnSite Member
    from jax fl

another thing to look at is parts how many shops have in stock parts for the mowers
  9. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

You see more Exmarks around here than anything else. That is all I use. 2 lazers and a TTHP. The WB does a very good job. I can't comment on the others because I have never used them. Can you demo all three? That will answer your question if you can.
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Has Toro put grease certs on those spindles yet? Think the Toro sulky is better than the exmark?