For those with F150 or comparable

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by rockandroller, Mar 26, 2007.

1. rockandroller

rockandroller LawnSite Member

What is the max amount of mulch you guys can fit in the bed of your F150 or comparable? I had a guy come pass through my parents neighborhood telling me he would give my mother a deal on the 15 yards of mulch he had in the bed of his p/u. I almost died! Since I drive a small p/u with trailer I don't know the answer, but 15 yards!:hammerhead:

Thanks

2. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I have a silverado 1500 with a 6 1/2 foot bed and i can barley get 2 cubic yards in it. 15yds? That guy was either mistaken for feet or bags or he thought you were a sucker. Most pick ups max out at 2 maybe 2.5 with an 8 foot bed. (If you dont have sides on the truck)

3. Fox Lawn & Garden

Fox Lawn & Garden LawnSite Member

27 cubic feet per yard.
    My guess would be max 3 yards in a full sized bed, slighly mounded up.

4. rockandroller

rockandroller LawnSite Member

Yeah...This was some hustler from the sticks coming into suburbia looking for suckers!

5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I have a f 250 with an ez bed insert with racks built up on the sides and I can get 5 yards in my truck and thats if I pack it in there. Haven't done it much but have done it

6. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I fill my f-250 8ft bed up with 4 yards of mulch every time.

7. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

that guy is nuts, i have a 22 foot open trailer and the most that we have had on it was 14 and it was unsafe and falling out on the road. our dump well only hold 8. 15 he is crazy. but back to your question our shortbed ford about 2-2.5

8. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

If You Buy That, I Have A Real Cheap Piece Of Oceanview Property In Iowa. Give Me A Call