?? for users of walker mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crzymow, Mar 16, 2005.

1. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I was just curious as to how you get your grass from the mower into the a truck????

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Most of the time, I dump the grass or leaves on the street curb and suck them up with a leaf vac. If I am not driving my leaf vac truck, I will usually just dump the grass on a tarp and through the tarp up in the bed of the truck. I normally don't collect grass during the regular mowing season. I put on my 52" discharge deck and go.

3. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Lay a large heavy duty garbage pail on the ground and scoop the grass in, toss it into the truck, dump, repeat.

All depends on how much you have too !

Walker also makes plastic inserts that you set inside the hopper for " easier " dumping. Haven't used them so I can't comment - maybe someone else could.

4. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I dont bag, but you may have seen their new "truck dumper" system under "whats new" www.walkermowers.com , that may be nice for some.

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I did a little creative measuring and designed my own front gate system. Its hinged and folds right down to my bumper. I don't bag much anymore but on big jobs this works great. Go to this link.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=17516

6. Mowmoregrass

Mowmoregrass LawnSite Member

Green Barrels. Who are you dealing with for your walker ?

7. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I dont have a walker mower, i think they do a great job. My nearest dealer is about a hour and a half away. I keep thinking about them. Maybe in the future.

8. Mowmoregrass

Mowmoregrass LawnSite Member

Give me a call, I am a little closer. 814 353 8185.
    We have demos ready to go.

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Mowmore grass

can you shoot me an email..mjs82@georgetown.edu would like to talk off line..

10. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Use the metal coal shovels. Dump on the ground and scoop it up with the shovles. Quickest way I have found.