For Walker Users...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by procut, Feb 8, 2005.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I called a Walker dealer near me the other day for a price quote. The qoute was for the entry level model. 13hp single cylindar kawasaki, 42" GHS. The price he gave me was $8450 out the door!! I couldn't believe it, for that price, I could get a 27hp 60" Toro/Exmark with a collection system! So, for you guys who have bought Walkers, is this really what they go for, or is this guy giving me a bunch of BS?

PS if this is really is the price, what do the larger models, (ie, 20hp 52") go for?

2. kory landscaping

kory landscaping LawnSite Member

Well, I have a 20hp efi Walker 48" Heavy Duty Deck with Height adjuster,power dump, 9.5 dump. I paid 11,000.00. For the money it's a great machine, have had no problems. I'm going to purchase another one this year. The quality of the cut and the pickup is fantastic.

Wayne
    Kory Landscaping

3. zamboni

zamboni LawnSite Member

In Dec. I bought a MT 20 hp, 9.5 bushel, 42" deck for $9,200 total. When I demoed it, it was the easiest decision I ever made. Cheers, John

4. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I sure wouldn't buy a 13 hp for that knd of $$. I've made lots of money with Walkers but they really are high dollar machines.

5. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Bought two new ones last year.

One - 48" GHS 26 EFI - 9899
    Other - 48" GHS 20HP - 9049

6. JCKL

JCKL LawnSite Member
    from Ma.

paid $9000 for 48" 20hp GHS 6 months ago

7. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to buy a new Walker, got a quote of $8400 for a 20 h Kohler, 48 with 9.5 bushel hopper.

8. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

[​IMG]

2 Years ago got this 26 EFI with 42" mulch deck was like $8800 out door

9. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

This is the quote I got also.

10. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok even tho i don't own nor am i interested in one of these, I have to put in my .02, now you guys that are really happy with your machines i see one thing here. I see a relatively close price but, you all have 20 or more hp with fairly close to the same decks, thats a pretty big change in hp for the money your talking. I just can't see 13 hp for a 42 inch.