1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

For Wet Boots

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Aug 23, 2010.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

Had to raise this today. The caretaker specifically told me not to rep[lace it because its the last one of its kind on the estate and it is near a dear to him.

2. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Haven't seen one of those in quite some time.
    Not at all surprised that it is still working. :clapping:
  3. Lite Headed

Lite Headed LawnSite Member

Memories, kinda like the awkward loss of my virginity! :laugh: Takes me back to 1978 and my first install. Man, were they fun to adjust...almost as fun as the S600!
  4. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

I know a source for a couple new safe-t-lawn heads. Just might snatch them up. You get pretty good at adjusting the dog ears after awhile.
  5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I see probably 6 homes a year that still have some of those left. Most have been replaced over time, but there's a few still left around.
  6. The Maxi-paw kicked that sucker's butt.
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I wonder how many original Minipaw heads are still on the job. Nice find, GM! :clapping:
  8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Except that neither one pops up high enough now that the trend is to let the grass grow longer, and not cut it short.
  9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with Dana, I would not do any turf with 4" or smaller rotors. 6" rule!
  10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

longer grasscutting heghts are responsible for global warming :p