For you guys that mow churches, you'll love this story!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CITY PARK CUTTER, Oct 4, 2012.

1. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

It was once said,

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

2. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

It seems that your situation was destin to repeat its self. I do not understand why some people in this business expect things to not occure when everything is in place for history to repeat its self time and time again?. If the church you have been maintaining off and on for 15 years continues to work off the same rules with the same results, why are you complaining or what is your point?, seems to me you already know the results in advance and are just as responsible as the church that has hirered you in the first place. Once bitten twice shy, comes to mind, however I suspect you will be bitten many more times since nothing changes for the better for both yourself and your customers.
    easy-lift guy

3. Brules

Brules LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Oklahoma

Just join the church. :)

4. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a local church do that to me twice in 2 years. Nice account, high visability, etc. They called this spring and said one of their members would be taking over again. I reminded them of what happened the last time. ( weeds and beds were so bad it cost them more to use their guy after we spent approx 90 man hours cleaning it up. ). About a month ago they called and said they wanted us back. I raised the price 20%. They freaked out and said they would get back to me. They hired someone else for 2 weeks until he ran his Z into a members car. We've been taking care of it since then at @ a 20% premium. Maybe they'll learn this time.

5. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Good for you. When Churches realize and understand that your services rendered are from someone working as a professional the better off the church and it members will be.
    easy-lift guy

6. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

Scagguy, awesome lesson for other workers. Maybe if someone gets that idea with me, like their family member taking over, i can let them know that "if" i come back, the price will be ____.

7. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have been low balled on two churches. We did the installs and the maintenance for a few years. They could care less about you and are hard to deal with.

8. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

why do churches not have to obtain proof of insurance, ER numbers, etc? Are they in some way exempt from liability?

9. CITY PARK CUTTER

CITY PARK CUTTER LawnSite Member

Hey, I play the game.

10. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats nothing I had this happen to me once Funny part the church member took over the lawn Sub me to service it He wanted show he was taking care of it and He used it as a right off for his business Think he found a way skip on his church dues