For you picture MONSTERS!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by EagleLandscape, Feb 7, 2008.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Here's some pcitures of a mainline repair we did at a church today. The pics were taking before we did the final cleanup and water settled the ditches.

Leaking 4000 gallons of water per day, and couldn't pinpoint the leak, had it narrowed down to somewhere underneath the parking lot.

Ended up tying into another backflow on the property and just cut out the mainline right before the first valve and ran it all the way to the backflow.

Photo_020708_001.jpg

Photo_020708_002.jpg

Photo_020708_003.jpg

Photo_020708_004.jpg

Photo_020708_005.jpg

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Four way crosses scare me.:dizzy:

3. Nice pics John. Messy job. Clay still looks wet from our recent rains. I'm sure the vultures will be out. I can sense DW just going stark raving mad.

4. EagleLandscape

Yah no joke. That CROSS was a nightmare. On the far side, it went out with 3/4, 45* up, T to head, kept going up, 45* under sidewalk without a sleeve.

I just tried to leave it alone, and run as fast as possible.

Yah, that picture was a mess, but we cleaned every last bit of soil off the grass, settled all ditches, and raked it and smoothed it all back out. It looked perfect but without any grass.

No way I was going to save all the grass in that area, give it 4 months and you wont even know we were there.

Clay was a little wet, but there was alot of sand in the soil too, and white rock. Made for an interesting dig. 1 or two bald cypresses too. enough said.

I think it was 160ft of 1.5" main line, and a few minor lateral repairs. Took 3 guys 6 hours to complete start to finish.

5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Good going..tough repair!

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

:waving:

Did you mound the trench at all. Sandy clay will settle.

7. No Rush

No Rush LawnSite Member

nice job...

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Fun lookin work. That cross and stress on each piece up to it is way scary.

9. We call that a curved trench special.... is that a compression fitting I see in the last pic?

10. EagleLandscape

Mounded it, then water settled, which then made it flat and even.

Yah that cross was a nightmare, and yes its a compression fitting underneath that cross. 2" pipe.