For you solo guys that are less mechanical...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, May 20, 2004.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

I pat myself on the back when I get the oil changed or the blades put back on correctly.. If there are guys out there like this, what do you do for repairs???? I really am getting tired of waiting for the dealer to fix things for me.. Last year when I was working 2 days a week it wasn't a big deal, now that my schedule is full I don't need the extra worry of something breaking and having downtime...
  2. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

PMCS- stands for preventative maintenance checks and servicing.

Start with that, an dyou will have less "repairs " to make and will gain an education at the same time.

If yer waitn for it to break- be prepared to curse at it when you have to fix it.
  3. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

jon i would check out fox power equipment they will have u in and out if u need a dealer they are excelent and they will help you along by showing you and things like that
  4. Jon99

Thats an area I feel I do a pretty good job on, though I did not know about a grease fitting on the Tiger Cub and just found it the other day after 300 hours...
  5. Jon99

Where are they located???? What brands do they sell??
  6. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

look in your manuel or contact your dealer for all the zerks etc they are really really helpful
  7. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

The equipment we run in this business it pretty simple to fix. 9 times out of ten if you ask on this forum we can walk you thru it.
    My suggestion to you is go out and buy a blown 2 cycle engine and a mower engine. In your spare time tinker with them to familiarize yourself with them.
  8. Jon99

My problem is that I am a numbers guy and always will be, its what I did for 15 years before getting into this.. If I need a spindle replaced, I could look at that darn thing until I grow old, I am scared to death to try to fix it..

Today I was mowing and the deck belt on the Tiger Cub kept rolling over on me, my little brain doesn't allow me to see what the problem might be or the solution, just dire panic...
  9. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm not mechanical either, but you do learn by doing, so anything like a up and try doing it yourself. You'll learn something along the way.
  10. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

Find a dealer who will service you!!! My dealer gets my units fixed while I wait or I'm out the door with a demo unit. That how a pro should be treated.....Chuck