For your enjoyment

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Feb 13, 2008.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I had a lady call me today to come in and do some landscaping in her back yard. Of course the first thing i noticed was this hidous step some idoit put in. then i noticed the paver steps and the walls and the patio. It is all from home depot. Even the brick for the steps. This is a 350K house and some scrub came in and wrecked the joint. Of course her daughter is a lawyer, so i am sure that scrub will be running with for his life when she gets ahold of him. It is hard to see, but the patio is already failing and sinking in some spots and all of this is only a few months old.

bad steps.JPG

bad steps (1).JPG

bad steps (2).JPG
  2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

i fell out of my chair with those steps....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

which ones they are both hidious. The paver ones are at least close to code. the brick ones coming out of the porch are down right hilarious. they are not the same brick as the existing, or the same pattern, or the same morter, or anything really. Not to mention the measurement on that step is about 8.5". So just a little over code, lol.
  4. AceFinish

AceFinish LawnSite Member

Nice I want those on my house along with upside down sod.

I can see all this playing out in my head now. this guy goes up to home depot. ask the guy how to install it and then comes back and trys it himself and charges the elderly couple $5,000. No geofabric, no compaction equipment, no paver edge and only two inches of uncompacted crusher run. and to think the customer felt bad for the guy since he was "old and fat."
  6. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

I think you guys are mising something

hes a true craftsman

he picked the right color mulch to tie the 3 different surfaces together

7. tmc8524

tmc8524 LawnSite Member

yall are ruthless! hope the poor guy that did that isn't on lawnsite. but then again it might be best for him if he is hearing this!
  8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

alright, you caught me, my bad
  9. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

ewww pine straw.
  10. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

My question is how did the guy get the job in the first place? If my customer is not a referral then I usually have to go through the whole process of job pictures and site visits and referrals. Not to mention licensing, insurance docs, permits apps etc etc.