For your review

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Dirt Boy, Feb 26, 2014.

1. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Walls look ok, but up against the wood walls they fall short. To bad there wasn't a fence there or a line of cedars to hide the neighbours mess.

Gravel is a cheap way out, most people are only interested in one thing (up here anyway) in saving money and not having to maintain anything.
    But this is not always the case, river washed stone or whatever you guys call it there "gravel" does allow weeds to penetrate and they will, even with these so called weed barriers. It can be a real mess. I've seen it cause we have installed a lot of it in the past. Now if we are asked I'll give them other options.

So that being said I think perennials are a great way to go, it just scares people cause they think they have the added chore of maintaining it.

2. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I'm gonna go a little off topic, sorry.

Just hearing the words "low maintenance" come out of a customers mouth annoys the he!! Out of me. Why are people willing to spend 10's of thousands dollars on a gorgeously landscaped yard, only to not want to spend a couple hours a month pulling weeds. Every nice thing I own requires maintenance of some sort in order for it to continue being nice, why should my yard be any different?

3. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Good point BoSox....

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good!

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

You're exactly right.

Americans are so obsessed with beauty. Whether its personal build and appearance, cutting the lawn in diagonals, having a nice log home, a nice new SUV, having a brick or flagstone covered front porch....they all require maintenance.

I always say "we Americans like to make more wok for ourselves, but we don't want to do it"!

With our excavating work, when we grade, people always say "what should we put here?". I'm like "nothing! Just keep it lawn and enjoy not having to maintain anything".
    Posted via Mobile Device