1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

force or little wonder???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fergman, Oct 21, 2007.

1. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

ok guys. im gonna get either one or the other but cant figure out which one has more power for leaves? the 13 hp force or the 13hp little wonder:confused:
  2. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Little wonder

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So have you visited the Billy Goat web site.......I believe it answers your question, and it is the lightest which is a significant factor.
  4. fergman

from VA

yeah i have. looked good. but... you go to littlewonder.com and they show an 8 hp little wonder beatin a 9hp force blowing a brick or something up a board:confused: probably just junk. but your right the force being lighter is a fantastic thing. but then again the little wonder has a 5 year warranty and the force has 2
  5. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, i'll share my experience with Billy Goat and Little wonder. I bought a BG large area vacuum. The impeller was much smaller than the Little wonder and that's the part that creates all the air movement so it's critical. The Bg cost us over $4500 and it was a big disapointment. I then saw a Little wonder vacuum for $1100 and bought that and that's where I noticed the impeller was huge. It takes a full 10 to 15 seconds for the Little wonder to come to a stop because when you turn it off the impeller blades just chug a lug to a stop.

Now as far as suction, you got it, the Little wonder beat the living daylights out of the BG. I'm not a BG hater, I just look for the best machine for my dollar. At a quarter of the price the Little wonder put the BG in it's place big time.

So with this kind of information I'm assuming that the Little wonder blower will follow the same pattern and blow the crap out of the BG. Jmio.

And that's the god honest truth.

6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I'll say that I never ran the force.

I own 2 little wonder push blowers. 8 hp and 13hp. I'm very happy with them. 2 years with the 8hp and no problems. 1 1/2 years with the 13 and no problems. I let them sit since spring and they both started up with 3 pulls of the starter after being ran dry for storage.

I also own the 22hp truck loader. Great machine. I will buy more little wonder products in the future.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Personally, I didn't see all that much difference in the Force vs. LW
  8. fergman

from VA

great info guys, thanks alot. your all a very big help and i really appreciate it.
  9. Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete LawnSite Member

I've got one thing to say. Billy Goat AIM and SHOOT! I've run both the Little Wonder and the Force side by side. Aside from the Billy Goat blowing more air, it's also lighter and quieter. But those aren't the things I'm most impressed by. The aim and shoot that Billy Goat has allows you to control your air from the handle. Once you've used one you'll never want the other again.

Don't get me wrong the Little Wonder is a good machine but the FORCE is the way to go. It's like comparing a ZTR to a walkbehind. They both cut grass but one is simply more effective.
  10. Brad Ent

Brad Ent LawnSite Member

I agree w/ Sneaky Pete; air control lever is a winner!
    One other observation: the BG is taller and has a larger footprint than the LW.
    If you're cramped for space LW is the way to go.