Forced To Replace My Tanaka For Sthil?

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by shatz, Apr 30, 2008.

1. shatz

shatz LawnSite Member
    from ISRAEL

HELLO GUYS
    I AM INCHARG OF THE LARGEST OLIVE ORCHARD IN ISRAEL, WE USE TANAKA TBC 2501 GRASS TRIMMER ATTACHED WITH A POLE SAW ATTACHMENT TPS 200/210 FOR PRUNING OUR OLIVES, WE SPENT ABOUT 5000$ ON BUYING THEIR TOOLS SO FAR.
    WE CHOSE THEM OVER STHILL WHICH RULL THE ISRAELY MARKET AND EVEN CONVINCED OTHER FARMERS TO BUY TANAKA TOOLS AND REPLACE THEIR OLD STHIL SAWS, UNTIL RECENTLY THIS SEEMED TO BE A GOOD CHOISE UNTIL TESTERDAY WHEN MY DEALED TOLD ME THAT HE WAS INFORMED BY THE COMPANY THAT IMPORTS TANAKA TO ISRAEL AND SUPPLYES ALL THE SPARE PARTS THAT A SPECIFIC PART WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE FROM THE COMPANY IN JAPAN ,THE PART BELONGES TO THE SAW HEAD, ITS CALLED"SET GEER PINION".
    NOW MY DEALER OFFERED ME TO TRADE ALL MY TANAKA TOOLS BACK AND REPLACE THEM WITH STHIL TOOLS, CAN THIS REALY BE HAPPENING?
    I'VE READ A BIT IN THIS FORUM AND FOUND PEOPLE TO BE PLEASED WITH TANAKA, DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA FOR ME ,I DONT WANT TO STOP USING TANAKA THEY DID A GREAT JOB SO FAR, BUT WHAT CHOISE DO I HAVE?
    I KNOW NORTH AMERICA IS A DIFFERANT BRANCH IN TANAKA Maybe this part can be bought in the states and i can have a friend send it to me?
    thank you
    shatz
    israel

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Hi,
    I will check on that part for you.

-MW

3. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive