1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ford 1620 What's It Worth???

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by MLOWE1234, Aug 16, 2004.

1. MLOWE1234

MLOWE1234 LawnSite Member

I looked at a Ford 1620 today at an auction yard. They will auction it off next week.
    It is well worn with 4010 hours and needs paint pretty bad. It has a new holland bucket loader on it and needs one rear turf tire (it is bald). It is 4wd with hydostatic drive.

Do these models stand up well enough to consider refurbishing it? I bet it would look a heck of a lot better with a fresh coat of blue.

Any info would be appriciated......
    Tractor wanna be in Charlotte NC
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Yes it a good tractor and worth the time and money to refurbish it IF YOU CAN BUY IT CHEAP ENOUGH, I would not pay much more than around $2500 - $3500 as you described it. If the engines been over hauled it worth a little more although if maintained its good for 7500 hrs. When refurbished it should be worth between $7500 and $9000 in excellent shape.

3. MLOWE1234

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking on trying to pick it up cheap.

Thanks man!
  4. lamarbur

lamarbur LawnSite Member

can't say about the 1620 however, I know several here in CT?MA that have 2120's and they can get 18,000 for them at 17 years old. Not hard to take is it.
  5. MLOWE1234

I will take at the 2120 and see how it compares. I am thinking that the bucket might be worth picking up even if the tractor turns out to be a dog. That is if the the thing sells cheap enough.

Thanks for the reply.
  6. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

Ive seen a 1210 ford simialr w/ 4wd go up at auction i thought i would pay $2500 or so, I was wrong it went for $4250.
    The orginal owners reciept said he paid $4100 for it brand new in 1981!
  7. MLOWE1234

Thanks for your reply. I am planning to be there at the auction and see what it goes for. I am not planning on biding more than 3500. So it probably won't come home with me.
  8. MLOWE1234

I went to the auction with check book in hand and the bidding STARTED above what I wanted to pay! It went for $6750.00 !
    I guess in retrospect the worn off paint was not that big an issue.
    Machinerylink.com had the tractor at about 8-9k. The 4000 plus hours did not scare away the bidders. I drove the thing and the loader worked good and it drove nice.
    The hydrauloc hoses were checked from drying out in the sun and all the lights were disconnected (I think it had some minor wiring problems).

If I am going to pay that much I would want a little more HP. The 1620 has 22 HP.

Thanks for the help guys....
    I've got to get back out there and look for my tractor..........
  9. moneyman

moneyman LawnSite Member

thanks for the follow up, youll find something look at new the prices can be suprisingly low.