Ford 2008 recall?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by unit28, Jun 22, 2007.

1. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

More to follow I'm sure.
    Something sending flames through the tailpipe on the big 6.4 diesel.
    Coolest truck at the campground.

smores please.

2. Fairway Land & Lawn

Fairway Land & Lawn LawnSite Member

There is a good video of it on you tube. Hell, I would pay extra for the flaming tailpipe option....:drinkup:

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I would have to have it run straight out the back of the pickup. Torch the tailgaters. :)

4. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yeh, very old news, (like right after they came out) and its been fixed.. the video is awesome tho!

5. unit28

I dunno about old news but if you say this is a fix.....LOL
    I guess so.
    -------------------------------

Ford dealers have an inventory on hand of roughly 29,000 Super Duty trucks with the 6.4-liter diesel engine. Sales of the hot selling truck will not resume until the engine control software can be updated.

The software upgrade resets the Super Duty powertrain control module on the Ford trucks to recognize improper levels of heat in the exhaust system. If heat is detected the system will power down the truck so the driver can pull to the side of the road and allow the truck to cool off.

Ford estimates the software can be modified during ten minute procedure. Super Duty trucks that have not been shipped from their assembly plant in Louisville, Kentucky will receive the engine control software update at the plant.

Customers with the first 8,400 diesel Super Duty trucks already on the roads will be notified that they should bring their vehicles into dealerships for the software update.

-----------------

I'd rather be drivin the twin turbo and blowin flames, rather than sitting on the side of the road.
    WAIT A SECOND!!!!!
    It's a Ford, I think they finally realized it is what it is.

Found
    On
    Road
    Dead.....LOL.

6. LindblomRJ

Whatever...

7. unit28

Lindy.... oy-vey.

I don't hate Fords, but to say that is a fix is outfrigging rageous.

I drive an F250 and am not satisfied with their so called fix.

8. LindblomRJ

Okay. Dad's 2004 recenlty ran into difficulties. Yeah, the Ford of today in not the same Ford of even 10 years ago.

9. Fairway Land & Lawn

Fairway Land & Lawn LawnSite Member

I would rather the engine power down and not destroy itself. I.e. the first generation duramax that would lift the cylinder heads if it was not idled for 10 minutes after being driven. Or, maybe kill a turbo because the oil cooling was not sufficient. Or, even the dodge killing lift pumps because of a low fuel pressure supply. The moral is that everything ( mainly first year production) has it problems. At least Ford only has minor problems, not anything major mechanical. I own 3 Ford diesel trucks, and have never had a single problem..Two of my buddies that are in the tree service have dodges and cant wait to get rid of them to buy Ford.

By the way
    FORD

F irst
    O n
    R ace
    D ay
    !!!!! :drinkup:

10. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD