1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ford 350 vs Chevy 2500 HD

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Turf Commando, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

2. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

lol, wow a diesel ford vs a chevy gasser... thats fair. watch the next few videos that say duramax vs powerstroke.
  3. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

As an owner of both Ford and Chevy I find it comical that there are retards out there who will actually hook their $40K+ trucks together and tear them up proving nothing at all. The only thing that video shows is that the Ford applied more tractive force, probably because a crew cab long box outweighs an extended cab short box by 1,000 lbs or more.
  4. DK lawn care

DK lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

That was a 6.6 duramax. Gasser vs diesel doesnt really matter, its about who looses traction first. They are the ppl who win. I have seen a gas dodge 2500 pull a 4x4 F450 6.7L in a tug a war. Why? Because the dodge guy put his parkin break down, then put his real brake down. After that the ******** driver of the F450 floored it when they said go and then the guy in the dodge pulled off his parkin break then gently let go of his real brake and slowly pulled the f450. Put the driver of the dodge into the F450 and the driver of the F450 into the dodge and the Ford F450 would of raped that dodge.
  5. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

EXCELLENT !!!!!!:usflag:
  6. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

whats it matter, they are both going to be making payments for a looooooong time...
    when dealing with that, I only care that the durned thing is doing something worthwhile for the payment every month; I could care less if your dodge ford or chevy can pull me around or vise versa.
  7. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to admit some people have to much time on hands ....
  8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Why put your truck through abuse like that anyhow. My trucks might not be the best but they will run and keep up with the rest. JMO
  9. Blueribbonlawns

Blueribbonlawns LawnSite Senior Member

Thats just plain stupid i have a duramax and i know how much the allison trany cost i have never put one in it and i hope i never have to the thing cost 14k just for a rebuild!
  10. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

And money.

Sure wish I could put down a $500 payment every month to cruise around in a $40k truck.