Ford 5.4 engine vs. 6.0 diesel

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by GreenGiant94, Jan 23, 2010.

1. goodolboyslandscaping

goodolboyslandscaping LawnSite Member

We do alot of work in the mountains and the diesel has never dissapointed us. Don't get my wrong, I bought my boy a F250 gas, but later bought him a Dodge Cummins. The cummins pulls great up the mountains here in AZ. He uses his F250 gas for riding in town, and minor stuff, pulling small trailers etc. So it goes both ways, but I still prefer diesel over gas. Cummins is the way to go. Just my .02 :)

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Then you must not know many people.

3. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I had a Toyota Tundra with the 4.7 it was the body style before the present. It was a good truck but not comparable to a f250 by any means. I wouldn't rate it over a f150 either in the same year. Not because it broke it just couldn't handle a trailer not even as good as my 4.2l f150 can.

4. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Balls eh? They were FORCED to make recalls after years of lies and denial and 35 people dead.

And even then Mr. Toyoda's statement was "We are working very hard to prepare an explanation ..." WTF?

These recalls are just the tip of the iceberg. Hey Ford is no jewel either, just as fat a liar but their vehicles and parts are cheaper.

5. 05 superduty

05 superduty LawnSite Member

I have a 2005 f-250 supercab with the 3v 6.8l v-10 and this thing is a ****** beast,pulls my t-300 bobcat like its not even on the trailer. My friends got a 04 supercab with the 5.4 in it and its not bad but depending on what your pullin, bigger is better.

6. 05 superduty

05 superduty LawnSite Member

Oh yeah, toyota trucks SUCK!!!!!!!!!!:usflag::itflag:

7. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

You consider those trucks? They're a new class called GPM's; glorified people movers. I like how Toyota can have a 10K+ tow rating with the Tundra, yet the payload is only 1180lbs (min). How's that work with a driver? Hmmm.

The only one I'd consider would be the Tacoma with the 2.7L engine. It's not good at hauling more than two people even with the ext cab, but it can tow small trailers which is in my ballpark.

8. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

I wasn't crying about it and I won't. When diesel is high gas is high too. I would rather have a diesel.