Ford 6.4 Powerstroke?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nlminc, Jan 25, 2011.

1. AVLC

AVLC LawnSite Member

All of the 6.o fords are cheap and seem like a good deal compared to everything else. That's because no sane person would buy one with all the other reliable options out there.

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

guess im crazy then...

3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

:rolleyes: I would much rather have the 7.3 but you will have a better time finding a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow than a low mileage and not beat 7.3. I think the Ford chassis is best option out there.

The 6.0 is okay and has been fine in my 550, the late model ones are much better. Also you go after the 07's and then there is more emissions stuff which I don't care for.

4. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

nice: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000...1461144?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3365376498

5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Not too bad, wonder how high it will go for? I don't like the box though, and it's just a 350. There was a 7.3 cab chassis on Truckpaper I think and it was ridiculous high, I think in the twenties? Will have to find it. Everyone gave me so much crap what I wanted for the 550 but look at the newer truck costs?

6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I had a 7.3 in my f 350, went from that to an 08 3500 duramax /allison. Go duramax!

7. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

My friend did the same thing and I have never seen a bigger piece of crap in my life, I have never seen a truck with more major problems in my life!

8. hensley

hensley LawnSite Member

Just for everyone: I have a 2011 6.7L F250 king ranch, (had an 08 6.4L) the fuel milage rumors are true, the first 6500mi I averaged 16.6mpg daily drive/hwy (figured by hand with fuel recipts) No Sh*&! My 08 got 11mpg Everyday! Now I have 26570mi on it, and the fuel is getting better and better, January trip to New Mexico averaged 17.4 on a 1100 mile trip (Granted most was flat west texas driving). The only thing Im concernd with is stopping the load, I say that because it will pull whatever you put back there. MAKE SURE YOUR TRAILER BRAKES WORK. I pull a 28ft 5 horse trailer, loaded to the gills I got 11.8mpg on a trip to Bentonville Arkansas. The price tag is high, but there is alot of truck.

9. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Im calling BS on this one. How did you get a 6.4 in 03?

10. Coastal Lawn Maintenance

Coastal Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

That was a special buy. :hammerhead: