Ford, Chevy, or Dodge ???

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by bgaston, May 30, 2002.

1. bgaston

bgaston LawnSite Member

Ford, Chevy, or Dodge? Make your choice on which you believe to be the best truck to buy for lawn maintenance and landscaping.
    I'm curious to see who the winner is.

2. chevy

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

may as well ask blonde brunette or redhead your answers will be as varied and as valid...

4. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

"may as well ask blonde brunette or redhead your answers will be as varied and as valid..." No doubt. They all have their good points, and their bad points. I will say though that I sure love my Dodge/Cummins.

Randy

5. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

My Superduty Ford with the V10 is a good one. But if I could have what I wanted it would be one of those Iszuzu( please forgive spelling) lawncare trucks.

6. thats a loaded ? I have a 97 dodge now but will look at all the big three nxt year. Scratch what odin says he has a gm pension plus how many other family members are working there buddy.:D

7. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I have an older Ford gasser, F250 with a 460 engine. Works for me, but the gas is killing me. I want a diesel very much .

I have looked at the new Chev Duramax with the 5 speed Allison transmission. They are sweet. I would love to have one, but my friend has been looking also and says there is only one in the state with a crew cab. They are so popular that the price is very firm. I'd like to pick up a used one and none seem to be available yet.

So, the preferred is the one ton Chev Duramax, the reality is a Ford one ton diesel or perhaps a Dodge (last choice), depending on the deal I can cut on a used one (and if the wife gets the new house she wants or I get the newer truck I want).

8. Johnhenry
    You are right i am a little biased on this subject:D

With my whole family gm or former gm how coul i not be.
    That aside i have been buying chevy gmc trucks since i was 18 years old and they have served me extremely well over the years.
    We have a 97 one ton dump and a duramax one ton pickup we use as our two lawn business trucks and both have had no problems and they are used tough.

9. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Some of us are more capable of learning from our mistakes than others...

10. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

If the choice is affected by $$,id sya the Dodge is the best bet,since it is on its way out,and the price is cheap right now.If cost isnt the primary issue,Id go with any of the big 3,the best dealer would get ny business.